The tabs at the top of this page give more information about each type of device.
The box to the left provides quick links to check on the availability of different items.
- Who may borrow?
Current Marlboro College students, faculty, and staff may borrow equipment.
- Can I reserve equipment in advance?
All equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Where/when can I borrow or pick up equipment?
Equipment must be borrowed or picked up when a library staff member is on duty at the Service Desk.
During the academic year:
- Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm; 6:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Sunday, 12:30 pm - 5:30 pm; 6:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- How/where do I return equipment?
Please return equipment by handing it directly to a library staff member. (This means bringing it back when the library is staffed.) Do not leave equipment in a book drop or out on the library service desk. Equipment remains your responsibility until it is checked back in
- Can I renew equipment?
If you want to keep equipment beyond its due date, contact library staff (firstname.lastname@example.org; x221) to request a renewal. You cannot renew equipment yourself.
- Anything else I should know?
- Equipment must be returned by its due date. If you find yourself in extenuating circumstances, contact the library immediately to discuss the situation. If we do not hear from you within 24 hours of equipment becoming overdue, you may be charged full replacement costs as well as nonrefundable billing and processing fees totaling $10.00. The best way to avoid being billed (other than returning the equipment on time, obviously) is to communicate with the library early and often.
- You may be asked to sign a form agreeing to abide by our loan policies and assuming responsibility for replacement if items are lost or damaged.
- In order to facilitate the circulation of projectors, we may share borrowers' names, especially if a projector is overdue. Remember: you are responsible for equipment as long as it is checked out to you, even if you give it to someone else. All transfers of equipment from one person to another should be run through the library. If you can't make it in, a call or email where both parties acknowledge that the transfer has been made is acceptable.